UV resistant filament is a type of filament that is excellent for outdoor use. This has everything to do with the influence of the sun through UV radiation. With this type of filament you can easily print parts that remain completely intact outside.
As mentioned, this is an ideal filament for outdoor use. The applications of UV-resistant filament are therefore quite logical. Basically it comes down to specific parts or products that are mainly used outside. Products that are not intended to be damaged or discolored under the influence of UV radiation. For example, consider applications such as:
· Car exterior parts: Car exterior parts are parts of a car that are on the outside. So these are automatically parts that have to deal with exposure to the sun. In addition, it is intuitively clear that you do not want any damage or discoloration of these parts. This simply makes the car look sub-optimal. Instead, it is wiser to opt for UV-resistant filament. This always keeps its good appearance.
· Exterior components: Of course, this does not only apply to cars. There are many other outdoor components where this applies. Think, for example, of housing components, outdoor furniture and garden components. Sooner or later they all have to deal with prolonged exposure to the sun. If you opt for a UV-resistant filament, you will not be bothered by this.
· Sports equipment: UV-resistant filament also comes in handy with regard to sports equipment. Sports gear has to do with exposure to the sun like no other. During sports, this is almost unavoidable when it comes to outdoor sports. We therefore definitely recommend choosing UV-resistant filament for 3D printing of sports equipment.
· Signage: Finally, signage is one of the great examples of applications for UV resistant filament. With signage it is absolutely not the intention that this starts to fade in the short and long term. It is simply not clear enough. With UV-resistant filament you print signage that is optimally resistant to UV radiation.
UV resistant filament brands we have available
There are a number of brands that focus on offering UV resistant filament. It is therefore advisable to choose one of these brands. They are known as experts in this specific production. They know better than anyone what it takes to produce and sell high quality UV resistant filament. Well-known examples are:
What to pay attention to when 3D printing with UV-resistant filament?
Do you currently need UV resistant filament for your 3D printer? It is then necessary to take a number of factors into account. This ensures that you start printing in an optimal way:
· Provide optimal build surface: Always ensure that you are working with an optimal build surface. This ensures that the printing of the UV-resistant filament is done correctly. That there is no carelessness or other specific problems.
· Prevent overheating: At the same time, there is always the danger of overheating. This sometimes occurs specifically with UV-resistant filament. Therefore, respond to this by adjusting the temperature and cooling settings. In such a way that the chance of overheating is greatly reduced. This saves you a lot of unnecessary trouble.