With recycled filament there is now the possibility to think about the environment during 3D printing. This type of filament consists entirely of previously used materials. Think of recycled PET bottles or other industrial residues.
Is recycled filament good?
Recycled filament can be called good in a number of ways. This has to do with the special properties of recycled filament. The main points are, for example:
· Made from used plastic: In the first place, this concerns used plastic. By choosing recycled filament, you automatically ensure that there is less plastic waste in the world. You invest in the recycling process, by getting started with the end product yourself. The positive effects for the environment are absolutely significant. The more recycled filament is used, the less plastic waste is produced.
· Equivalent quality: What is not expected is that recycled filament is of at least an equivalent quality. Often enough there is even a higher quality than normal filament. This means that you do not compromise on quality, just to be concerned with the environment. In fact; there is a win-win situation. The quality is top notch, while you also contribute to a better environment.
· Transparent: Furthermore, recycled filament is generally transparent. This is the result of the material itself. Plastic is normally also transparent. This is where the specific color of this type of filament comes from. Are you looking for applications where transparency comes in handy? Then you will enjoy recycled filament.
Why choose recycled filament?
Today there are countless reasons to choose recycled filament. To get a clear picture of this, let's take a look at the main reasons here:
· Affordable: Compared to many other filaments, recycled filament is very cheap. This makes it an affordable option for 3D printing. When you plan to produce a lot of products, but certainly also with smaller numbers.
· Environmentally friendly: A second plus is that it is a very environmentally friendly concept. You contribute to the economic process in which recycling is supported. Recycled filament is like no other suitable to provide this.
· Many applications: Given the transparent character of recycled filament, there are many applications that can be made. From plastic containers, food storage boxes and other storage boxes. It just depends on what you need yourself. With the recycled filament, the material is in any case present. ·
High quality: Finally, recycled filament is high quality. The material is certainly not inferior to many other filaments. This way you only have minimal problems with warping and there is no need for a heated print bed. Do the properties of recycled filament appeal to you? And do you already have a number of applications in mind? Then take immediate action and place your order right away!